1988 Dodge B350 Project: Awesome

Hello from Norway!

My friends and I recently bought a Dodge RAM 350 LE to restore for our senior year at our school. It?s a tradition to get either a car, van or a bus ?pimped? for the last period of the last year at school here in Norway, so we want to make our van look cool. Here are some pictures and problems: (click to enlarge)

[url=
van is a 1988, but hasn?t gone very long. It?s therefore in prettygood technical condition. The only thing needed for the driving is acouple of cross for the axle/shaft. It?s not a hurry, but it may becritical if it get?s looser. Then the van could shake brutally in highspeed. The air condition doesn?t work either, but that?s not a bigproblem.

[url=
van is 18,60 feet long and 6,56 feet wide. We are planning topaint it and make our artistic mark on it. We don?t know yet what willbe the motive, but it sure can?t look like this.
[url=
you might see one of the tail lights is broken. Well actually, it?sgone. We spoke to our retailer here in Norway, but he couldn?t helpus. He said we either had to get one from a junkyard, or try to get itshipped from the USA.
roof is in pretty bad condition. It?s not only ugly and worn; it?salso full of dents and it?s very uneven. We don?t know if it?spossible to just straighten it out, but we agree we have to dosomething about it. A thought of replacing the roof with Plexiglas gotout, and we?re now looking into the price, - and of course if it?spossible. We will have to see if the beam over the windows is a goodpoint for attaching crossbeams to hold up the glass. Here?s a pictureof how it would be (badly photoshop?d):
To summarize:

- Where can we get 2 crosses for the link between the axle/shaft?

- How easy is it to repair a broken air condition? Will a refill of Freon do the trick?

- Where can we get a new (or two new) tail light(s) for the van?

- Is it realistic to replace the roof with Plexiglas? Is it possible to attach crossbeams to the chassis?

Thanks for any help! H

Reply to
alltidblaa