2001 Dakota

A month or so ago I noticed a repetitive "clunk-clunk-clunk" coming from my front end when I engage 4-wheeldrive. The frequency of the clunk is directly proportionate to my speed, but only occurs when under load. Decelerating, coasting, or rolling in neutral does not produce the sound.

I have a 2001 Dakota SLT with the 4.7L and manual 5-spd. I now have almost 120K miles on it. I have been taking the pickup to JiffyLube since I put my first 3K on it, and it has received every service that pops up on their computer since.

Any recommendations or plan of attack for this problem?

Reply to
HenryTheHammer

Do you have any money left for repairs, after pay jiffylube for all that unnecessary work?

JAM

Reply to
Bill Dunkinfield

Reply to
HenryTheHammer

My first suggestion would the front drive shaft.

Reply to
.boB

Have you driveshaft checked by a competent shop.

You should know that Jiffy Lube is one of the worse about charging for what isn't done and recommending parts that aren't needed. Don't be too sure that your truck was serviced properly by them. Find a reputable service center to take your truck to. Google4 Jiffy Lube and fraud.

Reply to
Jeff Burke

That's profound. Thank you.

Reply to