2003 RAM 2500 Diesel towing do's and don'ts

The way it works here is you can utilize a certain percentage of the sq. ft. of the lot for the footprint of the structure. Also povides for set back and and side distance's.

Reply to
Roy

They do that here too but the lots are 1 acre which allows for a lot of house. The area was developed in the 60's and 70's and every home was around 2000-3000sf ranch style 1 story. New owners are wanting to bull doze their home and put up homes 2 to 3 times the size. It seems there isn't a restriction on the sf, only the side distances etc. All of the existing homes are 1 story but there was no rule against 2 or 3 stories. The existing home owners are fighting hard to prevent the huge exotic homes from being built. They want to keep it looking like a quiet ranch style country home neighborhood.

Luckily the one major rule for the entire town is that no commercial business is allowed anywhere in the town limits. Not many towns like that.

Reply to
miles

Nope. If he had run it out to the bay maybe, but even then it wouldn't be a bad idea. Down there, its all about privacy.

Sorry Miles, but the reality is someone will be insulted somewhere, and thats part of life. So if I choose to put up a fence, and the only person I consult is the neighbor who will have the fence along his property, tough shit for the rest of the neighborhood. I'm sure some people don't like that I start my truck in the morning, or come home late at night. Too bad for them. They all seem to have gotten over it. Of course, I don't do stupid things and make a PITA of myself. That doesn't mean the neighbors like it, since they're new. The guy who moved out wanted me to move next door to his new house, claimed I was a quiet neighbor who wasn't a problem.

Yeah, and its such a horrible thing to deal with.....

Reply to
Max Dodge

Why bother giving a dang what your neighbor thinks? He has no right to tell you what you can and can't do.

Very true indeed. Trashed neighborhoods that have a "I can do anything I want" attitude are horrible and often go down the tubes. Come visit south Phoenix, Guadalupe, or parts of Glendale, AZ and you'll see what I mean. People have total disregard for their neighbors and the area shows the consequences of that attitude.

Reply to
miles