2003 GMC 2500 HD

I was looking at buying a 2003 GMC 2500 HD witha 6.6L duramax, The Only catch is that it has 309,000 Kms. I am looking for input if I dare look at buying it. Anyone have any experience with these trucks good or bad?

Reply to
D a n a

Obviously its lasted for 309,000 Km, take it for a drive. Maybe take it to your mechanic. If found out that if it seems as though it needs some things on a test drive when you buy you find out it needs more. If it seems real decent it is probably pretty good. I have a 2004 but it only has 32,000 miles on it, everything is fine with it. Bottom line if it seems like a piece of sh__ it probably is.

Reply to
Doug Adams

I agree with Doug. Take the truck for a drive. If it feels, drives, or handles like crap, leave it alone. If it seems to have been well kept, and is in good shape, my next step would be to take it to a mechanic (preferably a friend, or someone who will give me a straight answer), and get it looked over. I live a few minutes from GM's Oshawa, Ontario truck plant, so you can imagine the number of GM trucks around these parts, and have known many people to put well over that many KM's on there trucks, with no major repairs, and that is using them as a work truck (as in hauling trailers and such), not just taking it to the grocery store. My uncle slaps fifth-wheel hook ups on all of his trucks, and "drives them like he owns them", if you get my drift. Like I said though, if I were you (and of course, the price matched the fact that the truck does have over 300,000), I would at least take it for a drive.

Reply to
80 Knight

I have a 03 Duramax and it has been quite good, but I only have about

80,000 miles.

A good resource for info on these vehicles and access to a large pool of owners, see

X-rated Vermonter