Wiring in a brake controller

I have a Chevy Silverado 2007 2500HD Classic.

I made a trailer:

This trailer has electric brakes. My truck has a RV receptacle and the trailer has a RV plug.

I bought a brake controller. My truck manual mentions that I have a harness for this controller, and says to go to a dealer to install one.

I would prefer to do it DIY, so, can anyone tell me where to find that harness.

Also, there is no power on the auxiliary power pin going to the trailer, is that because I have to wire it along with the controller?

thanks

Ignoramus18738

the adapter that you mention can be found at many rv dealers. like this one

you can also find ones that are custom made to fit your truck and the brand of brake controller you buy.

the power pin on the rv 7 blade is controlled by a fuse in the power center under the hood. Chevy does not install this fuse at the factory, most likely because of some kind of liability if something happens. If you have the trailer option the fuse was in the glove box upon delivery, with the factory brake controller wire harness like the one pictured on the link above...

Reply to
Thoran Walker

Thanks a lot. I found the connector. I think, at this point, that it is straightforward, if not, I will ask more questions.

Ignoramus18738

The harness is usually in the center console, or the glove box it will be taped up along with a fuse. The fuse goes into a socket in the underhood fuse panel. The socket usually has a blank fuse in the location. The connector to attach the harness is under the shield that you keep bumping your left foot into all of the time. The harness will only connect to one of the connectors located there.

KenG

Reply to
KENG