97 Dakota Engine Replacement

I'm finally getting around to fixing my Dakota. Got the 3.9 remanned. As part of this project, should I plan on putting in a new radiator? What about the distributor? Anything else? Thanks for any replies.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

of this project,

Anything else? Thanks for

(55-117 A.D.)

Replacing the radiator is a good idea.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

part of this project,

Anything else? Thanks for

New radiator, new heater core and replace all the hoses. While you have it out replace the front seal in the trans if it's an automatic. new distributer IF the original shows a lot of wear. Exhaust manifolds in good shape? Now would be the time to work on them if the bolts/studs are rotted. Clean and paint the firewall?

Reply to
Steve W.

part of this project,

Anything else? Thanks

Thanks for the response, Steve. The heater core is only a few years old and a real problem to get to, so I think I'll get by with the old one. The rest sounds good.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

part of this project,

Anything else? Thanks

Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)

Thanks for the reply. I figured it would be a good thing to do.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Reply to
PlowBoy,

Another question. Do I need to get the factory exhaust manifold hardware and heat shield things?

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart