99 1500 2wd auto tranny going

My tranny is going, overdrive is gone and I get slippage from 2-3. I've changed the fluid and filter to see if that helps, but nothing.

I'm thinking of finding a used tranny. I don't have the money for new one. Is there any chance that a later model tranny will fit on a 99 Dodge?

Also were is the tranny model located? There seems to be several trannys for this vehicle.

Specs

99 Doadge Ram 1500 5.9L 2wd Automatic trans w/overdrive

Thanks

Reply to
dwight

Check this out: