a/c vent temp variance

"Mike Simmons" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

All dealerships are not created equally. Feb 05 I took my new 04 Ram 1500 hemi on its first long ride - vacation to Arkansas. Driving into Tenn, the check engine light came on just as I was parking at the Express Hotel in Jackson.

Eating dinner at the adjacent Roadhouse SteakHouse I mentioned to the owner (obviously pegged as "not from here") that I was pretty much stuck unless I found a Dodge dealer. Turns out he knew the GM at a dealer right down the street I hadn't known about. After hours, he called the guy at home and after a brief discussion handed me the phone so he could inquire what my problem was.

I explained the check engine light came on and the brand new less than

500 miles truck was not running right. This guy told me to be at his shop at 8am the next day (saturday - shop closed!) and he'd check it out.

At the place next morning, a mechanic came in on his day off, pulled me into the shop and rigged the DB11. Minutes later he said the number one cylinder coil was out. They didn't have one in stock being a new part, but they had just gotten a delivery of new trucks the previous day. Not a problem - he popped the hood on a new hemi in the olot and within 15 minutes I was ready to go.

No charge, of course, but I practically had to beg the guy to take a $100 bill tip for coming in. "The boss is paying me to come in for this - I can't take that from you" he said.

Suffice it to say I wrote a nice letter to Chrysler praising the dealership and mechanic personally, and sent a copy to the dealership to put on their wall. Bit over a month later I got a nice letter from the owner of the dealership saying he was happy I was pleased with the service and thanking me for writing the note to Chrysler.

Unfortunately - it seems people write letters only to complain and not when a dealer provides good service.

Reply to
uhuh

holy SMOKES! dang, seems like an awful lot of trouble for what appears to be a fault in design. any chance of a recall to redesign it? are the new trucks still using it?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier