Adjusting for better fuel economy.

The silencer doesn't do a thing other than cut down on a whistle.

I'm of the belief that with regard to mileage, the makers have done pretty much all they can do with the Cummins and keep it epa compliant.

Good points.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

That's not what I've heard, but what ever. If its the venturi shaped silencer, it's a restriction.

A diesel is going to burn "x" amount of fuel to turn the engine a certain rpm, since rpm / power is fuel volume dependent. Engine design can be improved and there are more efficient engines available, like the Phillips/Sterling.

It does a lot of good, to a point on diesels.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Well, it is not what I've heard, it is what I removed on my 2K. It makes abosolutly no difference in mileage. Believe me if it did I would remove it on this one as well.

Reply to
Roy