Bad Coil

Any ideas on how to confirm a coil is bad? On my wife 2001 Ram 2500 we have had numerous problems we changed the cam and crank sensors and as well as cap and rotor and wires. This Summer she changed the distributer itself trying to cure the problem and she thought she had it cured. The truck will show a code of bad crank sensor /no crank sensor signal. As I remember. It acted up again this past week with the freezing rain On a whim she changed the coil with the one in my old Dodge. Could this really be the cause or did she just get lucky and it went away for now?

Reply to
jeffrey David Miller

Yes

Reply to