Blown head gasket?

{I posted this earlier with a picture attached and I didn't realize that it was 600k, sorry 'bout that, dial-up folks}

I took the head off my 97 Ram 4x4 360 to look at the #8 cylinder since the plug was discolored and it has a miss. here is a picture of the valves. they are both covered with yellowish-orange deposits. I see no visible cracks and am guessing that the gasket was blown but only slightly. Am I barking up the right tree or at least in the right forrest?

-Jerry

you can see the picture at:

JerryM

On close inspection of the picture at high mag I see no sign of a blown head gasket but I do see signs of the intake valve being burnt and causing your problem. The valve color is different because cylinder is running colder from valve problem and nothing more.

TheSnoMan

Jerry, you're referring to the exhaust valve. Bryan

Reply to
Bryan