Catalytic converter!

I just change my catalytc converter a few weeks ago, and i put an oem for 5000 cc and my dakota is 3900 and now the gas millage has decreased from 18.25 mpg to 14.25 mpg. Can the change have something to do with the milleage or its just a coincidence and the problem should be in other place? CLT.

Reply to
CLT

"clr" wrote: > I just change my catalytc converter a few weeks ago, and i put > an oem > for 5000 cc and my dakota is 3900 and now the gas millage has > decreased from 18.25 mpg to 14.25 mpg. Can the change have > something > to do with the milleage or its just a coincidence and the > problem > should be in other place? > CLT.

Sometimes if you reduce back presure too much (bigger CAT) the reduced back pressure can reduce part throttle responce and town MPG. Bigger is not always better as you changed the "tunning" of your engine.

Reply to
SnoMan