INTERMITTANT BOOST LOSS

I have a 98 24V cummins that is suffering with intermittant loss of boost. It will run fine and then you need a little throttle and the turbo won't spool up. Sever lack of power, and then BINGO, yer back in business. Any idea what's the problem? Please post reply...thanx, john

Reply to
me

First thought is a weak lift pump, and a possibly failing injection pump. Get a fuel pressure gauge on there ASAP and make sure you have adequate pressure going to the VP44.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

i agree with tom. my lift and injection pumps were recently replaced on my '01.5 cummins 4x4 ($18,499 see

to correct a problem identical to what you described.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
Steve Lusardi