Digital Compass readout freaking out!

On my way back from a long trip, I noticed the digital compass / temperature readout was freaking out. Display was randomly making unreadable displays.

I turned it off and back on, and still the same. Turned it off again for awhile and back on again. Stayed normal for awhile but then started again.

Was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and what was the fix? Or if anyone has any ideas of why it is doing it all of a sudden.

I have a '96 1500 Ram 5.2L Extended Cab 4x4 SLT Sport model with

145,000 miles.

Thanks, T

Reply to
Ann

Tom, the groups self-appointed savior to the rescue again.

Reply to
azwiley1