Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi with open rear (non-posi or limited slip diff) can it be upgraded to a posi?

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Kurt stated, and I replied below:

I have a feeling these 20 inchers ain't going to do it in the snow as well as the BFG AT tires.

Kurt, how do you like the locker on your son's Blazer? It's been a long time since I drove a car with a locker, but that was a Torino based body '70

429CJ. I'm not sure what it'll be like on a 1500. The docs say the locker runs open by default, but locks on torque. I never drove the CJ in snow, so I'm not sure what it's like. Coming out of a parking spot in deep snow, does the rear lock for you if it slips or do you have to tap the brake to induce torque for it to lock?

Ace

Reply to
MS Networking Dude

In news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com, MS Networking Dude stated, and I replied below:

My bad, the locker is always locked unless in a turn. The TrueTrac is open by default.

Sorry!

Reply to
MS Networking Dude