1.4sri converted to a 1.6gsi corsa can it be done!

any info greatly appreciated! snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

Reply to
vicky

no.

Reply to
Theo

Yea should be an easy straight swop, but if you're going to the effort of a transplant get a 2.0 16v shoved in :) Or even better, a 2.0 16v Turbo :D

Reply to
Dan405

Course it can - stop being grumpy :)

Reply to
Dan405

Hell, I've got a lovely Vx 2.6 straight 6 you could have, if the money was right. Would only take a tad bit more work than the 2.0 16v and has several shedloads more torque.

I'm just holding out for a suitable 3.0 24v to become available.

Might have to mod the corsa to take a longditudally mounted 6 pot and RWD but I'd sell the engine with gearbox and the rest of the drivetrain which

*might* just bold straight into a corsa for a wee bit more. And from the email address maxedcorsa@ I'd not expect this to present any sort of problem from an experienced corsa maxing person.

(c:

Vicky, everyone here will be along soon to either ignore the hell out of you or rip the utter piss like I miserably attempted to do above. Its par for the course so dont feel like anyone is picking on you. If you're serious, wait for a wee while and you'll find that the general consensus is that buying a corsa GSi is an awful lot cheaper and less hassle unless you really know what you are doing when it comes to ripping the engine out 1 car and slapping it in another. If you have to ask here, it will be assumed that you don't know much about it (even if this isnt the case).

However. Most FWD vauxhall chassis, engines and gearboxes seem to mate up. Eventually. If there isnt a standard combination to fit, some grease monkey somewhere will be knocking out convertor plates or replacement driveshafts that make the conversion quite feasable but quite possibly not cheap.

After having changed the gearbox in my carlton without much real experience of buggering about underneath cars there is a part of me that says go for it and good luck! If you're gonna pay someone to do it, either do it right as Dan405 says and get a valver/turbo valver in there or just buy a faster car.

Warmest regards, Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yes.

But it'll cost a fair wodge, your insurance will go up plenty, and you won't get that much more power.

If you're going for an engine swap, then go for a 2.0 16v. Costs will be in the same ball-park, but the end result will be MUCH better.

Reply to
Nom

Puts a big grin on your face, I can tell you. That is, until you go round a corner...

-- Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Reply to
Snapper

Yea, that's what they say about the 620 too. Luckily no-one with any sense pays attention to it.

Reply to
Lordy

thats cos the 620 is a steaming pile of s**te.

Reply to
Theo

LMAO!

Reply to
Vamp

Indeed, that's why I went for a 600ti instead :)

Reply to
Lordy

Much rather own and drive (and have the pleasure of fixing) ....a bmw 2002tii

GUTLESS like a turbo diesel escort van, until it reaches 2500rpm then whooooooooosh!!! The recipe for disaster on corners, unless you are a proper throttle featherer!!

-- (Scum Mail Bouncer In use). (Remove the two "n" from email address to reply directly).

Regards..... Steve.

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

How long you had that then, thought you had the 5 series ?

Reply to
Lordy

damn you spoilt my comeback.

Reply to
Theo

How so ? The Corsa already handles crap - making worse isn't going to affect anything. Anyhow, someone into engine swaps, is gonna think nothing of sticking some uprated springs and shockers on the front !

Reply to
Nom

Nah, haven't got one ... still a 5 and 7 man. (And an ax boy). I had the privalige to drive one once, egged on by its owner ... luverly job, none of the dullness seen in modern cars!! Bright red it was, and i believe mid(?) 70's vintage.

-- (Scum Mail Bouncer In use). (Remove the two "n" from email address to reply directly).

Regards..... Steve.

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

This is true. I have been in one before which hadn't had uprated shockers and wotsits on it, though I didn't know at the time. Scared the s**te out of me.