Fuel LEAK ???? '89 Ramcharger

I have a 1989 Dodge Ramcharger 4wd 5.9L . . . near the rear of the vehicle I often detect a faint odor of fuel, but no matter how hard I look I'll be damned if I can find a leak! Has anyone on the list had a similar problem? Found a cure??

L8r,

JDR

Reply to
Flavius

Check the vent lines at the top of the tank.

Reply to
TBone

SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 85 RAMCHARGER, FOR THE LONGEST TIME I JUST COULDNT FIND THE DAMN LEAK SO FINALLY I DROPPED THE TANK AND THERE IT WAS RIGHT ON TOP

Reply to
Midget Tosser

Look @ the fuel return line hose entering the tank,,,.also check the fuel filler gasket into the tank (long shot).

My '85 4 door duelly started leaking @ the return line a few months ago,,but it should,,it's got 566K miles and lives in Texas.