2 Dodge Dealers Stumped Is there anyone on this newsgroup who has had a similar problem like this??

I have a Dodge Ram 1500. Almost a year ago the service engine light came on. Took it the local Dodge Dealer which said it was a transmission problem. Now, even though the service engine came on and since I bought it, the truck ran excellent. It shifted correctly, no bumps grinds, bangs, nothing. The dealer said it was a pump and a torque convertor. They replaced them.

The service engine light did not come on when I went to get the truck. It started and seemed to run ok for a little while and then when I went to speed up from 40mph, there was a shudder in the transmission. Then when I stopped at a stoplight and then went about a block and slowed to stop again, there was a clunk, like the transmisson was either trying to shift up or down.

Several weeks later with the truck in and out of the dealership shop for sometimes a couple of days and other times for more than a week, they moved the shudder up to 55 mph. And then the transmissions started doing other things. The dealership gave up and told me not to come back.

Like, when you speed up from a stop light, it will shift from 1st to 2nd at about 10mph. A steady speed up and the turck will not shift into 3rd UNTIL you let up on the gas. Less than 40mph, it will down shift. And it will NOT shift into 4th until it gets to 52 mph. Once the speed drops down to 50 mph, it will downshift, even if you are coasting downa hill. Below 40mph, it will downshift again.

I put up with it from August last year until a couple of months ago. Another Dodge Dealer contacted me about trading trucks and when I told him about the problems I am having with this one. He said he could fix it.

He had it 6 weeks and 3 days. When I got the truck back, he fixed the clunk and he fixed the shudder, BUT, it will not shift right. He gave up.

Is there anyone on this newsgroup who has had a similar problem like this??

The last dealer said they rebuilt the transmission from scratch and it still won't shift right.

Reply to
Sillysam

Quote: "The dealership gave up and told me not to come back" I can't believe they told you "not to come back". That is unacceptable business practice in any profession unless you got an attitude with them and started yelling or something. They should have just replaced the trans and reprogrammed the ECM. Several things don't add up here. Is this a warranty issue?

Reply to
noname

and you just accepted that ??

you're (generously) a pushover or (ungenerously) a damned fool

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Where are you located? My guess is, Brent was your technician....

Reply to
Slick Willy

If that were the case, there would be stains on the dashboard :-)

Reply to
TBone