gear position indicator movement

2004 CTD 6 Speed. Ever since I bought this truck the gear shift pattern on the top of the gear shifter is slowly turning in a clockwise direction,. It takes approximately 10k miles to make a complete circle. The knob is not loose, it does not seem as if the shifter shaft is loose. Anyone else having this problem, or know of a solution? Thanks in advance
Reply to
Dimbo Spams

My 92 does the same thing. My 04 six speed doesn't yet:) On the 92, if I put mild pressure on the insert and twist it will slowly turn back. And, it twists even if I don't drive the truck, I thought vibration was causing it ,but it temperature. Cycling from hot to cold and back to hot turns it.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

is it the whole shift knob, or is it one where theres a little metal decal in the center? either way you could just get a new shift knob ($3-$50 depending on how nice), or you can pull up the little metal one and get some epoxy.

Reply to
xmirage2kx

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Dimbo Spams