Help in diagnosis code is P0302

Reader shows "Cylinder 2 misfire detected". I have changed: Spark plug, wires, cap, rotor, Injector and ran professional injection cleaner at the rail. I am still getting the code back after clearing it out. Could the rail be faulty? What the hell else could it be?

1999 ram 1500 4x4, auto, 5.9 gas with 65000 miles.
Reply to
R M

Vacuum leak near cylinder 2. Spray some flammable gas around cyl 2 intake manifold and note if idle speed increases. If it does, replace intake manifold gasket.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Isn't that how the explosion happened in Houston?

Reply to
MoParMaN

Will try this weekend. Thanks.

Reply to
R M

Sprayed around intake with starting fluid (carefully) and no change in engine speed. MIL Light went out day later but code is still in system with reader. Does it stay there as historical info or something?

Reply to
R M

Usually these codes stay in for 40 ignition cycles or so.

Actually, if you have real misfire it should cause slight engine vibration. It was fairly noticeable on my V6 (Isuzu Trooper), could be less on V8. Spraying some starting fluid should decrease the vibration as the misfire goes away.

Peter

Reply to
Peter