How True is This About Brakes

The 2002+ Dodge 1500 has the same brake system as the 2003+

2500/3500 models and are quite capable of safely stopping *my* 23,000 pound combination (and have done so) much less his far lighter one.

I reposted this statement from another news group. I do not think it is true. I am of the understanding that not only is the 2500/3500 have larger brakes and drums but the diesel engine requires more beefed up suspension as well.

Reply to
William Boyd

I haven't seen a 1500 with dual piston calipers yet. 2000 and up 2500/3500's have dual piston calipers. 2001.5 and up 2500/3500's have rear disk (single piston) brakes. Whoever said that probably doesn't have a clue.

Chris

Reply to
Stamey

Do not forget the total surface area of the brakes either as the

2500/3500 has more brake surface area too and they are not the same brakes.
Reply to
SnoMan

Thanks for the information but still one question unanswered. Do they have beefed up suspension for the diesel engine's extra weight and torque?

Reply to
william boyd