Which Transmission

I have a 1991 Dodge Dakota with an automatic transmission. There are no marking on the transmission that I can find. How can I determine which transmission I have?

Reply to
Craig Davis

fat tail housing (about 8 ") or long and skinny (about 4 ") ?

if fat, you have overdrive

is there a bulge on the right side of the pan rail right where the dipstick goes in ?

yes = A727 / 518

no = A904 / 500

Reply to
TranSurgeon

A727 = 3 speed; A518 = 3 speed + OD A904 = 3 speed; A500 = 3 speed + OD

Reply to
Bryan