need HELP!!

Thats true. None the less the station should foot the bill for repairs if the attendant forgot the pump handle and gave the receipt indicating service was done.

Reply to
miles

i have to agree but at the same time not really miles.

the thing is I was always taught that "you" were responsible for the safe operation of your vehicle. so checking the mirrors before pulling off/making sure refueling equipment is properly disconnected is your responsibility. but that being said, it was a full service station and the attendant performed as if service was completed to any reasonable persons perception, leaving the operator with the indication that the service was complete. so yes i belive they share in the responsibility. in truth both should have checked. the attendant as part of his job and the operator as part of safe operating practices.

thats my take on it.

also.... yes always try the nice approch first.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

yes exactly that is why i said i believe they share in the responsibility. now wiether the station deciedes to foot the bill or help with the bill or what ever isnt my call. if it were my station i would atleast help with the bill.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Well, since the OP basically stole the fuel, I'm not so sure about that. IIRC, the attendant accidentally charged him $100 for $10 worth of fuel and then spent 1/2 an hour trying to refund the difference. The OP then stated that the attendant gave him back a receipt showing a refund of $100 (the full amount) after pumping the fuel. Now unless the attendant clearly stated that he was done and was giving the fuel to the OP for the delay (like that would ever happen), it must either be assumed that the transaction was not complete or that the attendant screwed up and the OP was going to drive away with the fuel that he didn't pay for. Then again, the OP possibly didn't state it clearly and in fact did pay for the fuel but even still, I would think that in a half an hour of waiting, he would have checked to make sure the pump was removed from the filler tube.

Reply to
TBone

I've taken them out of the box and fondled them a couple of times but no time for cleaning yet. Probably won't be till planting is over. I did manage to get 720 rounds of 8mm and 120 rounds of 7.5 coming tho. I gotta be ready when they get cleaned

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Cooler heads prevail here. This is not a law enforcement scenario. First, call your credit card company about the errorneous charges. Next call the gas station owner. In a calm and even speaking tone; Explain what happened , and what you think is reasonable to settle the matter. I am guessing the employee did not do anything malicious, and from what you described made an ernest attempt to fix the erroneous charge problem. It sounds like the employee was not properly trained, and maybe should have an experienced co-worker to help, and anything; just for safety. Write down on paper what you plan to say to the gas station owner. Write down what he says. If you are not satisfied with what he suggests for a remedy, then tell him that you will be seeking legal advice. If that does not sway him, then hang up/leave; then talk to your lawyer. Key think here: speak in a calm and even tone, and be prepared with what you want to say.

Reply to
Xclimation

Depends on your State DMV law.. I think in CA they won't do a police report unless there's more than a certain $ amount of damage... other states require on every accident, I think?

Mac

mac davis

Yep.. I think in most cases the gas station is going to make it better... If it was the attendants fault, that means that it is the stations fault, right?

I would think that they have to be insured for stuff like that... Mac

mac davis

fallout with out attempting re-entry is dangerous and as in banks, there is usually a severe penalty for early withdraws...

Mac

mac davis

Civil if on private property.

Reply to