OT- a deal that shouldn't be passed up

I have never claimed expertise on the Scriptures. I don't even have that many memorized. But I know where to find experts and you are not one of them.

"Call me Ishmael." Quoting from a universally recognized work of fiction s quoting. Quoting from the religious book of a group that know it is not fiction is teaching, especially when seek correct someone . . . but you still don't have the authority to do so.

Read it again since you bragged about that developed skill then tell me where I said all Christians.

"There are many that draw nigh with the mouth but their hearts are far from me" The words of Jesus as recorded by Matthew, the Tax Collector

Not all that claim to be Christians are, hence I said "TRUE CHRISTIANS".

Why? Who are you that I should jump when you holler frog?

Have you stopped beating your wife?

Have you stopped beating your dog?

Have you the authority of God to question me? No.

And you're not doing me wrong, hypocrite?

Is it your avowed purpose in life to degrade Christians?

Do you think you are worthy of any consideration at all when your sole intent has been to attack, and destroy a single indvidual in this group simply because his avowed beliefs don't fit into some little niche that you think all who go by the name Christian should be stuffed into and then left to die, bigoted hypocrite?

John, your hatred for me and my beliefs is evident to all now. I forgive you.

Happy holidays

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

How ones lives their lives, what they see as humerous etc is all based on that persons beliefs and noone elses. The way you paint it Christians have little individuality which is just absurd and shows that you haven't a clue!

Reply to
miles

Could this really be any more hollow? He asked you some valid questions and your refusal or inability to answer them says it all. I said that I would not get involved in this kind of crap and got stuck doing it anyway. While in the past I would keep going on with this level of pointless argument, least now I know enough to get out. You know my opinion and I know yours, enough said and it is getting too close to the holidays to keep this crap going anyway. A Merry Christmas to you and yours Budd.

Reply to
TBone

That is not what I said Miles and you know it, regardless of your spin. The point is Miles, that if someone makes the claim to be a Christian like someone we know, then they should hold up to it. I don't here you making that claim and you don't see me doing it either. Either way, it is not important and this thread has turned into the same crap that so many others have and it is to close to Christmas to be bothered with childish crap like this so Merry Christmas to you and yours Miles, I'm done with this one.

Reply to
TBone

Once again you reject something I said in all honesty and truth. That shows you will never accept a thing I say as honest or truthful. It was not hollow . . .I am a Christian.

Yep, it says I won't dance his dance nor will I dance yours. Both of you have given clear evidence of your attitude of anyone professing Christ that doesn't fit your styereotypical mold. Both of you have proven to my satifaction you are religious bigots.

Now, who's choice was that, Tom? Why, it was yours. Just like it has always been. You're really good at telling others to do the things you cannot do . . .like pass up a chance to show your bigotries.

No, you don't. If you really knew what you think you know, you would know that no two Christians are required to be exactly alike by the Bible.

Is it enough said? Or will you grab the next available chance to attack me or my beliefs? Why will you go back on the offensive after the holidays?

Do you know what "Christmas" really means to a true believer?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Unlike you, Tom, I'm not afraid of my name being said in public forum. It's "Budd Cochran" in case you forgot.

Which brings up a question for both you and John . . why is it you, Tom, get all ticked off if you get dressed down in public forum for a screw-up and yet you and John both want to dress me down for my beliefs in public forum? Is it a need for either of you do demonstrate you have gonads in public? Do you get some thrill from it?

Do either of you understand the poor manners (Hey, Tom, it's also called "CLASS") and lack of respect for another Human Being it shows?

"By their fruits ye shall know them." You have not shown yourself to be a good fruit. "Every tree that beareth not good fruit will be cut down and thrown in the fire."

Now that YOU AND JOHN turned it into crap, you mean. Take responsibility for your actions . . your rotten fruit, as it were, Tom.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

They do. They hold up to it in THEIR own way, not yours. And please, don't say it's the Bible that decides. Different people live their lives through the Bible in different manners. There is no single one way called Christianity as you so imply.

Reply to
miles

It's author????? This I gotta hear..... who is the author?

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry,

Can a poet be inspired by a springtime meadow, or graffitti? A writer be inspired by a bird flying by, or a train wreck? Can an artist be inspired by the face of a child, or a pile of trash?

If you answered "yes" to any of theses, then why is it so hard to understand that approximately 40 writers over a period of 4000 years could be inspired by their God?

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Jerry

Budd

Jerry wrote:

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Jerry,

Can a poet be inspired by a springtime meadow, or graffitti? A writer be inspired by a bird flying by, or a train wreck? Can an artist be inspired by the face of a child, or a pile of trash?

If you answered "yes" to any of theses, then why is it so hard to understand that approximately 40 writers over a period of 4000 years could be inspired by their God?

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Jerry

Budd

Jerry wrote:

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Miles,

It's been my experience that some people, especially non-believers, have a difficult time understanding that Christian beliefs are a personal, individual relationship that does not change your basic personality unless it is one so terrible it has to change. God doesn't want puppets, He wants His Children.

I'm sitting here next to my brother and while he and I attend the same church, he is still the brother I grew up with. He is not quite the same as I am, yet not a lot different. My wife is a quieter Christian lady, less "aggressive" but otoh, don't try to force your beliefs on her . . . . Not at all wise. ;)

SO, someone has a problem with me not fitting their ideal of what a Christian should be . .oh, well.

Merry Christmas, friend.

Budd

miles wrote:

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Exactly what I expected, evasion. Faced with the impossible task of rationalizing his hypocrisy Budd evades the questions and reinforces his hypocrisy.

Christians, they love to talk about how loving, dutiful and compassionate they are, yet I have yet to meet ONE who does not practice hypocrisy to the highest degree. Their willful ignorance of the Bible combined with their two faced idealism to preach it, has made me sick. For nearly two thousand years Biblicists have been lecturing people on the importance of adhering to the Bible's teachings on ethics, manners, and morality. They quote Jesus and Paul profusely, with a liberal sprinkling of Old Testament moralism. The problem with their approach lies not only in an oft- noted failure to practice what they preach, but an equally pronounced tendency to ignore what the Bible itself, preaches. Christians practice what can only be described as "selective morality". What they like, they cling to and shove down other's throats; what they don't like, they ignore vehemently. That which is palatable and acceptable is supposedly applicable to all; while that which is obnoxious, inconvenient, or self-denying is only applicable to those addressed 2,000 years ago. Their hypocrisy is so rampant that even the validity of calling oneself "Christian" is in question. I see so many people enjoy quoting the Ten Commandments, the Sermon on the Mount, and some of Paul's sermons, but don't even PRETEND to heed other, equally valid, maxims.

Reply to
John Kunkel

The figures you quote only relate to CHRONOLOGICAL accuracy, the accuracy of the spiritual text cannot be verified and that's the real issue. If you want to hold the Bible up as a fairly accurate account of history, fine.

The word "version", by itself, casts doubt on the worth of the publication.

Classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. How can you chastise someone for not answering your questions when you refuse to answer the legitimate questions I have posed? Hypocrite.

Reply to
John Kunkel

No, John, just what I said, I will not play your game.

Really? Then you're ignoring all the Christian volunteers that worked the Katrina Disaster, the Tsunami, 9/11, Red Cross,and so on. You're missing the Christian scientists of old that brought about modern medicine and vaccinnes.

I think you only want to find hypocrisy, so you find it even when it doesn't exist except in your eyes. But, as with those like yourself, you don't want to find anything that would prove you wrong, do you?

Your willful misinterpretations make me sick also.

Biblicists?????

And who are you that God, or any Jewish or Christian believer, should be mindful of you? (Paraphrased from the Old Testament)

And you don't? Or do you have any at all?

Gee, that sounds just like you.

That sounds like you also.

And you are better? I don't think you are, but you, in this reply, have shown you think you are better than anyone, even God.

I forgive you.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Have you ever looked at any evidence from NON-SECULAR SOURCES?

Now you stoop to picking on semantics. . . . .

One reason, John. I wanted information to aid the discussion, you did not.

I forgive you.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

You just don't get it, it's not about me, it's about YOU. Cast can cast all the aspersions you want on me and I'll readily admit to most of them because I make no claim of piety.

You have no power to forgive.

Reply to
John Kunkel

Secular or non-secular, there is no proof that the Bible is the word of God and the existence of God has never been proven and is unprovable. You and your Bible-thimping ilk would be wise to question the validity of any such claims of proof.

To paraphrase you, don't give me orders; I'll insert semantics in my argument when it is valid to the subject matter. Wouldn't it be nice to have the Charlie Manson "version" of The Constitution? Shucks, every individual could have their own "version" of laws and do as they damn well please citing their law as the source of their righteousness.

Nonsense, answering those questions could only "aid the discussion". The reason is cowardice. "Hollow" doesn't begin to describe you.

Reply to
John Kunkel

And you don't get it either. It's not about me, eithe. It's about God.

I have the power to forgive your transgressions toward me, I do not have the power to forgive your sins toward God. By implication, you say that there is a "Power to forgive".

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

John, there wouldn't be proof acceptable to you if Jesus walked up and introduced Himself.

I did, years ago, as an evolutionist and you know what I found? Lies, unproven theories, broken fossil trils, human footprints next to dinosaur and no pocitive mutations. Have you found any viable verifiable evidence of positive mutation like a new species born of a current species? I never have. there is also no explainantion why carbon based life ever got a foothold, let alone flourished, on a highly toxic world.

Yet, the logical, step-by-step record in Genesis has no flaws or mistakes, no places where life failed because other conditions hadn't developed yet. It's the only logical way carbon based life could flourish on earth.

Btw, did you know that there never has been any research done, that I can find, in the area of determining what man would look like with PERFECT DNA? Time magazine's composite cover from a few years ago is a picture, not research.

Then don't demand I answer any questions.

What do you cxall your hatred of Christians and Christianity?

There are many words to describe you.

I done with this discussion.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Nice try at a handoff, but it IS about you and your hypocrisy.

What you perceive as "transgressions" are merely pointing out your hypocrisy.

Reply to
John Kunkel