OT- a deal that shouldn't be passed up

Says you, if you stand by that claim then God had to "come from somewhere".

Nice sidestep. Do you excel at the tango?

Reply to
John Kunkel

A suggestion: don't ever claim to be open minded because you are not.

One last time, John, if you put any kind of a limitation on God then He ceases to be truly God. So, for you, there is no god because you will not allow anyone or anything to be superior to yourself.

Deny that and you are the hypocrite.

I used to, on roller skates, in Competitive Dance along with 5 waltzes, two other Tangos and a foxtrot.

No sidestep, just your refusal of factual evidence. It's from the Hebrew language.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

A suggestion: don't ever claim to be open minded because you are not.

One last time, John, if you put any kind of a limitation on God then He ceases to be truly God. So, for you, there is no god because you will not allow anyone or anything to be superior to yourself.

Deny that and you are the hypocrite.

I used to, on roller skates, in Competitive Dance along with 5 waltzes, two other Tangos and a foxtrot.

No sidestep, just your refusal of factual evidence. It's from the Hebrew language.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

If thats true then God had to come from somewhere as well. Why do you believe one always existed but not the other?

Reply to
miles

That would imply from the start that people were of a rather advanced intellegence level with a written language at the same time dinosaurs existed. If this is true then vast numbers of civilations lost this intellegence somewhere along the line. Budd, the folklore era of dragons was nowheres near 8,000 years ago. Far more recent times in which they had full written language skills. They didn't talk about dinos, they talked about dragons and drew very articulate pictures of such. Your dino/dragon theory is a far stretch.

Adaptations to enviroment? Thats what evolution is. Generations slowly evolve based on external stimuli.

Your only source of 'logic' is that you can't comprehend and lack knowledge of anything else so therefore it must be Creation. So many civilizations of the past have credited some God for things we now take for granted. We have a long ways of learning to go.

Thats true and I've never said otherwise. There is little evidence that the bible is anything more than a book written by man. Other religions existed for 1000's of years. The Romans, Aztecs, Mayans, Greeks etc. had no knowledge of anything remotely similar to Christianty. They had multiple Gods and were very real to them in their time.

Why do the books of the old testement contradict each other? Why was there no account for Jesus' life contemporary to his time? For such a huge important even it surely would have caught the attention of the known historical documenters of the time, mainly the Romans who did document other events of the region.

Huh? It started with Adam and Eve. If my wife and I have a kid, it's not going to be of an Asian or Black etc. race. Where did these very vastly different races come from?

Lucifer? God created everything right? Lucifers only power MUST come through God. There is nowhere else for him to draw his powers from. Angels do not have Gods power. He grants them what he choses to when he choses too. Everything that exists in this world both good and bad must come through God. Lucifer can't create anything as he is not the creator. Things like disease, birth defects etc. can only be created by God IMHO. Lucifer exists because God allows it.

Yes, his entire life and death. There are NO records of any kind written contempory to Jesus' own time. They were written long after his death. Stories of the wise men, the star, Mary and so on and so on were all written LONG after his death. Why nothing written during Jesus own life?

These civilizations were 7,000-8,000 years ago. They must have existed and drifted away within a few years of Adam and Eve.

Reply to
miles

Why can't He? If God is outside the laws of physics, time, and matter (since to truly and completely be God, He would have to be), then He doesn't have to have a beginning or end.

In the Book of Revelations, He says He _IS_ the begining and the end, ( Alpha and Omega) from everlasting to everlasting. Now, if He is the Beg9inning of all things and the end of all things, he has no beginning or end.

In Matthew, Jesus, in answer to the Pharisees, Jesus says, "Before Abraham was, I AM" (YHVH), the smae name He gave as His name to Moses at the burning bush some 3-4000 years earlier. In that oone sentence, Jesus said He was God, come in the flesh.

Merry Christmas

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Yes, which is contrary to the claims of the evolutionists. It's curious that if we are smarter today, then why are surgeons being trained with comic books?

Consider what would happen if the genome quality declined over the centuries. . .

Creationists look at the Biblical record as a history as well. Who did the sons of Adam and Eve marry? Their sisters. The genome was almost

100% perfect yet. Then later, at the time of Moses the genome had deterioted to where first cousind could't reproduce, now birth defects are on the rise in general, but higher among second cousins than average.

By what expert? What proof do they have? Radiometric dating is in trouble simply because there is too much radioactive material left.

Which is harder to do? Come up with a derivative language, like the Amercian version of English which is a combination of French, Latin, German, Nordic and Celtic tongues or to come up with one from scratch?

Actually, according to the Bible, the Chinese for example, had a complete language from day one after the confusion at the Tower of Babel. No need to create a new language when God gives you one.

Is it? Many of those dragons fly, like the Pteranadons, many are simply huge like the Bracheosaurs, some swim like the Diplodicus, some are ferocious meat eaters like the T-rex. Fire-breathing? recently, the Discovery Channel did a show on some dinosaurs that they said might have been able to produce posgene gas, which ignites on contact with the air.

No, that is adaption because once the reason for the change is gone the bacterium revert to original form.

That's not classic evolution, but even if true, the chances of all the life on the planet completely dying off go up expotentially. It compounds the problem, not correcting it.

Miles, I once was an evolutionist. BTDT.

True. Could it be that all those beliefs have a common ancestral source?

How can the non-existant be found? In 150+ years since Darwin, more tha a hundred variants of evolution have been developed but all fail to answer the questions I and others have posed; where did matter come from? Energy? Where are the transitional fossils?

That is one viewpoint, but then how many people have fulfilled several hundred ancient prophecies in just 33 years of their life, including prophecies made 4000+ years before their birth? Only one, Jesus.

Are you sure? Look carefully at the Greek gods and you find anti-parallels to Genesis, with their gods living the Creation story in a complete opposition to the Bible account.

The have spiritual beings they worshipped that had human limitations and frailties. . . they made their gods in thier image.

None do. I can give you at least two links that contradict those claims.

Are you talking about His growing up years from birth to 12 and from 12 to 30? They aren't important as he lived as an obedient child of Joseph and Mary and He learned His eartly father's profession, carpenter. No big deal, just a normal life.

Now are you speaking of His birth, or crucifixion? Both are recorded by Josephus, Roman / Irsrali historian, among others. I have links.

That is my point, there is but one race, Human. All the ethnic groups are just adaptions to climate and habitats that began with the Tower of Babel after the Flood of Noah.

I have an ancestor, according to a Mormon relative, that might have well been African, That genetic coding could pop back up at anytime in my sons kids or their grandkids or . . . but I'm not concerned, they will be my decendants as well.

Correct.

Nope. He was an angel, to be exact, the head angel, a created being with more powers and abilities than man.

Nope, but they have more than you or I. One angel can destroy an army of 50,000 according to the Bible.

He doesn't give Man more powers.

No, Not at first. The bad stuff didn't come about until the fallen angel, Lucifer, tricked Eve to eating the forbidden fruit and sinning agasisnt God.

Right. But he can manipulate our perceptions of natural things.

But that's not what the Bible says happened.

God could destroy Lucifer, yes, but Lucifer is a part of God's Creation which He will keep until He creates the New Heaven and the New Earth.

Weren't the Disciples contemporaries of Jesus? Look at the Gospels, they tell what is important.

Josephus was a contemporary and lived at the time of Jesus, albeit His last few years. Most of his histories were written as he interviewed eyewitnesses, not a long time after Jesus as someone has told you.

No, they wern't. I have links if you're interested.

It was, It's called the New Testament.

According to whom? Atheistic scientist using inaccurate, by their own statements, dating methods and wild guesses when things don't fit?

Within a couple thousand years, by most Biblical scholars, at the most.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

God is a Mobius strip.