OT: The good ole' AADT

Ya know, I starting thinking about how AADT USED to be and started wondering, what the hell happen to some people.

Lil' Jay - fliipped out and left, wonder if he is still around somewhere Lee - ? Gary G. - ? Sean in Canada - ? Nate - pops in sometimes, but found a life Prowler (aka Randy) - I know he is still alive but has a LOT going on in life

How and I missing?

Reply to
azwiley1

Damn I am tired and can't type either, the above line whould read,

Who am I missing?

Reply to
azwiley1

Fitch

Red although he's around.

theguy is back with a new screen name

Who was the guy with the VW and the first bio fuel?

Reply to
Roy

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

Hmm. not sure, will have to dig up the files from the defunct AADT Website and see who all is listed in there.

Reply to
azwiley1

i'd like to hear from lee again. i remember he went to college to be a cop, then changed his major. i wonder how he is doing.

didn't he pop in a couple of months ago?

i don't even remember what my original screen name was. do you? man, my memory is really bad.

i remember him...........give me a bit and i'll think of it (maybe)

Reply to
theguy

Yeah, but we're about to set a new record for arguing with a fool. 567 posts to an OT thread. Some people never learn that when you argue with one the bystanders have a hard time telling which is which.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Bryan, wasn't it?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

That was it. He lived down in north Texas somewhere. And back when I first found this group there was a lady from Canada that was a warrenty administrator at a dealership. And not to forget Dodge Ewe. (I think that was it)

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Byran Foust right?

Ah yes, the good old Dodge babe. There was also Rick

Reply to
azwiley1

Here is the list of Bios pages that I have from the old website.

Budd Cochran (before recently) Bob Donnelly Bryan Foust Dodge Babe (Ewe) Fitch William Gary Glaenzer Ken Simms me Mac Davis Philip Easley Lee Roy Barbour Randy Frey Rick Steffers Sean Gellvear (Sean in Canada) and good ole Tom Lawrence

Reply to
azwiley1

Yup, that's it!!

Reply to
Roy

Well what kind of timing do I have... first time in YEARS that I popped into good ol AADT and I see a thread with my name in it.

Howdy Howdy Howdy

I don't know how often I'll be popping on the groups...but pac6996 gets me on aim, gp_pimp gets me on Yahoo and snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com gets me on MSN.

Any of you old farts feel like getting ahold of me...go right ahead :)

Reply to
GP.Pimp

How the hell are you doin??

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Holy shit Batman! Look what the cat threw up!

Reply to
azwiley1

Welcome back, Blade!

Reply to
BigIronRam

The oldest fart around here (Roy) couldn't move quick enough to get hold of you. It's the weight factor you know...

So how you been??

Denny

Reply to
Denny

I called Michelle (DODGE EWE) bwtween thanksgiving and Christmas, left a message on her machine. she and I talk on the phone occasionally

Reply to
betrtimes

Well boys and girls... I'll try to sum up the past years...

As was previously noted.. I did attend Cop school for about a semester or so.. That is until Physical Training and my knee decided that they did not get along so well. It is not fun being on a 6 mile run on asphalt when your MCL decides to not hold your knee together and you get a face full of pavement. After awhile of debates on what to do, I switched majors to Computer and Voice Networking. I loved the Comp. Networking aspect of it, especially the Cisco programming. But I had a large beef with the Voice side of it, and it truly made me loose interest in that program.

After 1.5 years in that program and a few more knee injuries, I felt it was best to quit that program, take what credits I had and move on. I ended up moving back home for knee surgery and the plan was to then switch schools that had another Networking program that I felt was better suited to what I wanted to eventually do. (Though they did not have a Cisco academy there, which kinda bugged me).

During my time at the new school and in a new town, a friend of mine and I started working on Cars almost every weekend and doing mods for people. We then decided to go a bit further on it and basically started up our own business. So for about a year or so I juggled going to school full time and traveling back home on the weekends to work on cars. Now keep in mind that this isn't just tossing a set of rims and tires on and calling the car "modded". We were actually doing some nice custom work along with quite an elaborate number of bolt on engine/suspension mods. Towards the end of my time at this last school I had two classes I needed to finish my degree. The worst part of that was that I had also taken on a project of in my opinion massive proportions for myself alone to take on in terms of a car. (more on that later). I worked out a "test out" procedure for my last two classes with the professor. All would have been fine and dandy if I would have been able to get in contact with the professor more often in reguards to the software trouble I was having with the way he wanted me to test out. BTW these were MCSE Classes covering Microsoft Server 2003. He wanted me on a virtual machine, where I wanted to just do the damn thing on my own box and bring it in.

To cut this long story short, I was unable to finish my testout and I had made the decision to put myself 100% towards the business of modding these cars. And especially this project car I had to work on. Along with working on my own car which I had basically turned into a test bed for new parts that I wanted to R&D.

should have a relatively updated mod list of what I have done to my car.

The large project car I had undertaken is at the following links.. feel free to browse through them.

So its been about 2 years of those two projects, my car has been an utter pain with more problems and issues than anything. Seems like when I trusted other vendors to supply me with parts I only ended up with problems. Though I blame myself fully for that as it is a custom motor setup.

The maroon 4 door car is the 2 year project car that I did. There are more custom parts on that car than I care to think about right now. It basically was torn down to a shell, full custom air suspension was put in, a whole custom stereo was put in, along with what is a very powerful 3800 V6 that WILL set the world record for power made with an Eaton/Magnusson blower. As of right now that record stands at 411 whp on a dynojet. We have already dyno'd it at 375whp on a mustang dyno (10-15% lower results than a dynojet). But due to an inefficient intercooler setup that we had on the car (that has now been rectified by a bunch of custom stuff I spec'd from BeCool) and alot better tune we feel we will have NO problem busting that record WIDE OPEN. The best part is... we've done this on a stock bottom end, stock valve heads, 8.5:1 compression and a normal harmonic balancer (no overdrive there, only the blower is overdriven a bit :) ) The current record holder used all the other tricks (more compression blah blah blah). But with all the weight in the car and all the power, we have had more than our fair share of transaxle problems. As of right now with some parts direct from GM Racing we hope to get the trans rebuilt within the next month or so and get back on the dyno to prove what my ass (dyno) already knows.

And then theres the issue of getting my car on the road too :)

Other than that I am on the decline of accepting projects now, going to finish up my car, finish up a few obligations I had made. And hopefully by late spring I will be back to a normal job and saving up money to finish those last two classes, and then get into the IT field where I eventually want to becomes fully cisco certified and start my own contracting firm.

Hope that catches you guys up on what I've been doing.

So what have I all missed since i've been gone from all of you. I have talked to nate here and there so I know what he's been up to.

So lets hear from you guys.

Reply to
GP_Pimp

wow, you have been busy! but sounds like you have had a lot of fun and that is what growing up should be first of all.

sorry about your knee. being a cop would have been a good carreer. your choice to switch to networking is tremendous. my son does a lot of networking work during the summer, when he is home from college, and he can't keep up with the work. there just aren't enough techs in the field willing to do the smaller jobs. at college he is majoring in law enforcement and minoring in military science, so his interests, at least going into college are similar to yours. it will be interesting to see where he ends up. i had to think about that as i read about what you have done.

anyway, thank you very much for taking the time to stop in and bring us up to date. you have my sincere best wishes for your future.

Reply to
theguy

Man, you have been busy. Sorry about the knee, it sucks. Car looks pretty cool, stay with it for those big numbers. I'm surprised the lower end is standing up to the push.

Please finish off school, don't let it slip away.

So you want to know what's up with us ? Long story short. Last Sept tore my shoulder up at work. Had it operated on in Dec. Go to PT 3 times aweek for it seems like forever. Should be back to work end of Mar. will retire in April. Going to FL to fish and watch some racein'. Sold my truck cause I couldn't plow with one arm. Bought a Charger SRT8, real fun car, real quick and get's 20mpg at 70MPH. Great car for going from MA to FL about 4 times a year.

Keep in touch.

Roy

Reply to
Roy