Exhaust Y Pipe

Hi,

I found a hold in my "Y" exhaust pipe and it seems no one makes it without having to go to the dealer. Anyhow I found one at a used parts store and was thinking about replacing it myself. there only is four bolts from what I can tell that need to be removed.

Anyhow, I don't have the deep sockets so will need to buy the correct size socket for this job, does anyone know what size this would be? That is for the four nuts that connect the Y exhaust pipe to the exhaust manifold.

Thanks.

Reply to
blaine

ups I forgot to mention.

1998 Dodge Dakota v6 2.9 liter.
Reply to
blaine

If I had to guess, I'd say 14mm, but that's just a guess. Measure it with an open-end wrench.

Of course, now would be a good opportunity to get yourself a set of deep sockets - this won't be the last time you need them.

And make sure you have plenty of penetrating oil... those nuts are going to be good'n'rusty

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Make sure you buy 6 point sockets. Also buy some new nuts.

Reply to
Roy