Pintle hitch question

Question is:

How do I select the correct drop down/up pintle adapter for my 2" receiver?

Do I need to measure the trailer to be towed height from the ground when it is level?

Do I need to consider the sag from the weight on the hitch?

The unsprung height to the middle of my receiver is 21" from the ground.

The Truck is a 2005 Ram 1500 with a Hemi in it.

The Hitch is from Dodge, I put it in myself.

The current receiver unit is a Master-Lock adjustable which has done well= by me, as I can install 3 different ball sizes for various trailer = hook-ups.

Too bad they don't make a adjustable height pintle setup.

Any information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Kurt

Due to E-Mail spamming bots my reply address is incorrect.

Reply to
Kurt

Actually they do and have for years and I have one too that I use with a trailer of mine. It comes in two pieces. The part that slides in receiver with a 1/2 inch plate on it and several sets of bolt holes and then the Pintle hitch clasp that bolts to it. But using different bolt hole and inverting part in receiver I can get about a 10 inch range out of mine. Also the ring on trailer is also bolted on to trailer tougne on a flat plate with several holes as well allowing it to be adjusted as well. TSC/Tractor Suppy sells them adjustable and I am other carry them as well. The are not rare at all. Figure on 85 to

100 bucks for both pieces togehter.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Thanks for the info SnoMan!

I did see that kind of configuration & was thinking this was what I would need to go for.

Now I need to install a trailer brake controller & the other working that goes with it for the 7 pin to trailer setup.

Not sure I have a Tractor Supply store near me out here in South East massachusetts, but I'll look around.

Thanks again for the help!

Kurt

Due to E-Mail spamming bots my reply address is incorrect.

Reply to
Kurt

Due to E-Mail spamming bots my reply address is incorrect.

Reply to
Kurt

I'm in that area and I don't believe there is. You might want to check out Pioneer Truck Parts on rte. 6 in Seekonk

Reply to
Roy

Here's the phone number, 508-336-7000

Reply to
Roy

in Pittsfield and one in Southampton

Reply to
Steve W.

I believe they also do a catalog

I believe they also do a catalog

Reply to
jeffrey David Miller

There are also other suppliers to order online through, Tractor supply has this feature too i'm sure although i've not used their website, Northern Tool and etrailers.com for 2 examples.

Reply to
chris thompson

Thanks to all that have responded to my questions! I have saved all of = the answers & will be looking into these great pieces of info one by = one.

I am sure I will solve my needs from the help that you all gave me!

Ya know, I have been on the Internet since "Prodigy" first started it up = in my area back in 1990, & one of the first things I came across was the = "usenet" If you ask any kid out there now about "usenet" they say = "What?" They don't have a clue that it is out here & very useable!

In 1973 I started operating large main-frame computers, 3 years later went to school to learn how to repair them (no PC's back then) my Company paid for my electronics degree & I continued working for them for another 4 years.

I still love computers & especially the Internet, for the reason how it became a tool for people from around the World can now communicate & share info, without barriers!

Thanks again guys.