Re: Grrrrrrrrrrr.............

Fram filters have come apart internally. The paper fibers will plug your small piston cooling J jets. Beware of the Fram.

Had to do an oil change on my '06 2500 w/Cummins. Went and bought a FRAM, > as that was what the store had, and I wasn't paying attention. I usually > use Fleetguard, but was out. > > The oil filter is barely accessible from underneath. Man, the engineers > who designed that position musta been smokin some goooooooood shit that > day. > > Fleetguard has the bottom that the special graphite cap wrench can fit on, > but FRAM does not. So, I had to put the FRAM on 1/32 of a turn with a > regular oil filter wrench. Either that, or remove the fender liner. I am > going to invest in one of those with the long shaft where I can get to it > from the bottom. I'll never ever buy FRAM again. > > Next, the air filter. Took out the Fleetguard, and it needed changing. > My, the FRAM filter is so much lighter. I held it to the light, and the > thing has half the fingers, and looks like it's made out of cheesecloth. > You can see through it. FRAM filters are shit, too. Even the NAPA ones > are a lot thicker. > > Rant off. > > Steve > > -- > Keep an eye on them or lose them: > > Amendment I > Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or > prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, > or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to > petition the government for a redress of grievances. > > > Amendment II > > A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, > the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. > > >
Reply to
Bryan