Re: Help with a 92 Dodge V6

MIKE DEMING wrote: > Hi Rachel, > Thanks for the help.Need all the help I can get....lol.Been > looking all morning to find the temp sensor.Been reading some on >

some where it should under the A/C > compressor.Looked,didnt see it there. > What can you tell me about the O/D solenoid.Is it a 3sp auto,or > is a 4sp with over-drive?At 75mph its howling pretty good,tho thought it > was the exsaust thats on it.Not sure what it is,tho it sounds good. > I know one thing,for a V6,it will run.Surprized me the power it > has.I also have a 80 Ford F-150,I honestly think the Dodge will out work > it.Do know it is lots faster off the line,than the Ford. >

> Thanks for your help, > Michael > > P.S.If you like,write back....always enjoy talking and making new > friend. >

I just checked my email and bigironram's response -- he says you don't have to worry because the v6 didn't come with o/d which I didn't know because the newest v6 I have is 88 which is standard trans I am going to cc the newsgroup, because I don't know much about o/d. I like dodge better myself too, but still kept my '77 gmc 350. rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Dear Mike,

all I know is a solenoid responds to sudden boosts of energy, so I'm guessing if the o/d is on, when you press the pedal to the metal, the o/d solenoid is there to kick in the overdrive. I've only driven old dodges where you have to push in the o/d when you want it off, and they were all 3 spd -- never had an auto trans 4 spd -- sorry I can't help with that part at all.

Maybe some of you guys out there can be more specific for him?

P.S. is the o/d working under normal conditions? also, you may want to read thread "Overdrive switching in and out while towing" just in case there is relevant info there for you

P.P.S., you will make lots of friends in this group if you ask nicely, take their advice, and help who you can. They are a great group of knowledgeable people I am lucky to have stumbled upon.

rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson