Performance upgrades for Dodge Magnum 250hp V6

I had to buy a new car on the spot because my previous car, a 2004 GTO, was totalled by her best friend, and my wife just had her baby. I had to be able to take her home! So I went and bought the Dodge Magnum. I couldn't afford the HEMI out of the box and I rue that dark day with all of my bitter soul. But, at least, is there a consolation? Can I maybe, perhaps, get a few more ponies out of that V6? Is it possible to get a HEMI engine and replace the V6 with it?

Thanks!

Reply to
stork

I am pretty sure the HEMI comes with a different transmission. Whether you have the 2.7 or the 3.5, they have been around for quite a while and the extra HP question has come up several times. You might search under the

300M if you have the 3.5. If you have the 2.7, make sure you change the oil frequently or you will have zero HP in no time.

Reply to
Art

The 5.7L Hemi comes with Mercedes 5-spd. auto. 2.7 and 3.5L come with DCX 4-spd. auto. I had a 3.5L Intrepid, and just about the only worthwhile performance items I could find were a free-flow air filter and a software upgrade for the engine controller. There are couple of upgrades I've found for the 5.7L, besides the really nice cold air intake from K&N. Magnaflow and Borla both make aftermarket free flow exhausts for this engine.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

The Magnum's 3.5L is basically the same as that in the 300M. There were a few choices for performance modifications, IIRC, including reprogrammed PCMs and maybe even low-boost superchargers. Check the Chrysler 300 websites and forums for suggestions.

Reply to
Steve

Wow, your GTO has a best friend?? Your wife had her baby, who's the father? You couldn't just rent a car? spur of the moment purchase's usually bite you in the ass, as this one did.

Reply to
Punch