Re: Tire time

>>I'm leaving CA for Alaska for a few weeks of travel with my '04 Arctic Fox >>5th wheel behind my '03 2500 Laramie HO 4WD. I already have 60k on the >>original tires and want to change them out before I leave. I was in >>talking >>to Big-O today, as that is where I have bought for the past 15-20 years or >>so, and he is recommending the Big Foot A/T. He says it handles wet roads >>much better than the Mich. I have on there (yeah, not much traction on the >>originals). Also rated for 70k miles. >> >>He did say there might be a bit more road noise, but not much. These are >>LT265/70R17. More tire info at >>
or>>
for short. For 4 tires, he will toss in the>>alignment. >> >>This is a tire I expect to last 24 - 30 months, so I want to have >>something >>that won't be bothersome. Is this a good tire? Are there better ones out >>there in the $7-800 price range? The only complaint I really have about >>the >>michilins (sp) is the lack of traction on wet pavement. > > > Good luck on your Alaska trip, it is marvelous country. When you are > in Whitehorse, Yukon take the time and drive down to Skagway, Alaska, > it is one of the worlds most scenic drives and is only a hundred > miles. An easy one day trip unless you want to overnight in Skagway, > there are two nice RV-parks. > > Hank

Thanks, Hank. We will add that side trip to the list of possibilities. We have only 6 weeks, but it seems that Skagway might be well worth the time. How is the fishing there in mid to late May?

Reply to
FMB