Highlander tire rotation

I did the 10k service myself on my V6 AWD 2006 Highlander. The only thing left that I want to do is rotate the tires.

What is the proper tire rotation sequence for the Highlander?

I don't have a floor/hydraulic jack, just the crappy Highlander standard equipment jack, so it might be easier for me to just swap the driver side front/back and then the passenger side front/back.

Thanks, Walter

Reply to
Wally

It should be illustrated in your manual, but I have had good luck on my

4WD vehicles by moving the rears straight forward and crossing the fronts.
Reply to
user

It's an AWD, so you have to keep all four tires pretty well matched for wear. If the tires have a directional tread (rotation markings on the sidewall) your only choice is front to back, unless you have a tire store flip them on the rims - only needed on the front tires if you have scrubbed off one side from aggressive driving.

Go get yourself a small hydraulic dolly floor jack, they aren't much at Harbor Freight and you really can't do tire rotations yourself (or do any car work effectively) without one. You could do it with the factory jack and a jackstand, but that is a whole lot of extra work for that screw jack And the factory jack isn't meant for regular use,

100 uses would be the design lifetime.

I prefer to leave the car on the jack and ease some load onto the jackstand as a backup - the more redundant points of support you have, the better...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman