tire pressure

Hi, I picked up my brand new 2009 Dodge grand caravan SE yesterday. the tire aire pressure lite is on and they told me thats normal because they checked all tires this morning. it is kind of anouning to see that lite is one all the time, if it is on all the time why Crysler put it in? Any comment? Rob

Reply to
Rob

Yes, your dealer is an IDIOT! The light is on because either one (ore more) tires are underinflated or because the system is not working properly.

Take it back and tell them to *fix it* properly!

Reply to
PeterD

Your dealer is an IDIOT!

Get a GOOD pressure gauge and check it yourself. IF the tires are all the same pressure and it matches the door tag pressures then the system is in need of repair. If the pressures vary around the vehicle take it BACK and tell them to properly inflate the tires. Either way the dealer is wrong.

Does the vehicle have miles on it? If it's something that they have been using as a demo vehicle or as a dealership vehicle then I would also demand a new set of tires if they have been running it with low tire pressure. The ones on it may have been damaged or worn due to the low pressure.

And for YOUR part in this, You should have REFUSED the vehicle if the light was on. They can now say that YOU caused the problem yourself.

Reply to
Steve W.

You now have some idea of how your dealer will treat you every time you go in. You will complain something isn't right or something is broke and they will tell you it's normal, and you will go away wondering.

One of the ways break that is to RTFM (Read The F-ing Manual). Unless you know what you are talking about, they will continue to walk all over you.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

Every time I've been to a dealer service department I've had to tell them what to do.

The last time (2 weeks ago) I had to tell them to put the friction modifier in my limited slip differential.

The $100 I spent on the service manual was a good investment.

JAM

Reply to
j-rod