Transmission shift problem

2000 Dodge ram 1500 4x4

shifts from 1st to second at 14 mph ok

2nd to 3rd is a problem.

If I let off the gas at 30 35 mph it will shift but the rear end bangs.

If I give it more gas to 40mph, it will shift smoothly.

It will downshift at 31 mph.

It will not go into overdrive, 5th gear, until exactly 52 mph. At 51 it will downshift.

How can I change the shift speeds?

I like to drive between 50 and 55, but it up and downshifts all the time. Any Ideas?

Reply to
George Ewart

First off, the trans you have is a 4 spd auto, so no fifth gear.

Check for codes regarding the transmission solenoids, and check the TV cable for adjustment.

Reply to
Max Dodge