When Is Special Towing Package Needed?

Is it required to have a truck that's specially out-fitted with larger radiator for the lengthy towing of a travel trailer?

Does Dodge's regular warranty's power train coverage cover a travel pulling p/u truck which doersn't have the towing packge?

I am thinking of going 10,000 miles with one of those side-pop-out trailers that attach to a brand new p/u's bed.

If my transmission goes bad, and the truck doesn't have the towing package equipment, am I SOL (out-of-luck) so far as a valid warranty claim?

Reply to
Robert Cohen

I am not sure about the gas dodges but when you order a tow package on the Diesel 2500-3500 its is just the hitch plus wiring. The trucks are rated to tow so much and I don't believe it matters if the tow package was ordered from Dodge or an add on. The warranty is the same as long as you don't exceed the ratings that Dodge has for your truck.

Ron

Reply to
Termite