Wiper Blades for 2001 Dakota

I've tried a few different types and brands of blades but have found that either the blade doesn't make contact at high speeds or they wear out very prematurly. I currently have a set of Michelin optimum wiper blades (the one's that don't have the metal brackets and hinges) and the driver's side one no longer makes contact at the center of the blade. These things are only three months old. Does anyone have a suggestion for replacements that will actually last? I need suggestions for both summer and winter driving (I'm in Minnesota).

Thanks!

-- Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry,

I had similar issues with a Chevy mini-van a few years ago. Turns out that it wasn't the wiper blade, but the hinge on the arm (next to the spring) was so corroded that it stopped free movement. Spraying it with penetrating fluid, working it back and forth to make sure it was free, and then oiling it would work for a while, but it would eventually corrode again causing the same symptoms. I eventually replaced the arm and it took care of the problem.

Worked for me anyway....

Dave

Jerry wrote:

Reply to
Dave Young

I suspect that Dave may be right about it being the arm, not the blade..

We've used whatever wall-mart had on sale on our 01 dak and never had unusual wear or skipping/lifting problems..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Sounds like a bad arm or weak spring on the arm. Also make sure that the blade is square to the glass. You want the blade to lean over to either side when it in motion.

Reply to
Steve W.

I had the same problems with wiper blades about 2 weeks ago. I broke down and bought some of those triple edge blades since my old Ancos were skipping. Those triple edge blades were the worst set of blades I've ever bought. I took them back to Wal Mart and bought the el cheapo ones for something like $2 a piece. Pylons I think. Best blades I've ever bought. Not sure how long they'll last but they work perfectly.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

I'll check the arm. Since you mention that, I do think it's the driver's side that gets bad first every time.

-- Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Same here. Make sure you're getting the right size too - one's 21", the other's 20". I can never remember which is which though - have to look it up every time... sometimes I cheat and just buy two 20" blades.

jmc

Reply to
jmc