Where in the GTA do you get replacement wiper blades for the rear hatch on a 2001 V40?

Don't suggest Canadian Tire for the rear wiper. Been there, bought both the blade types (winter and regular), but the shape of the cover of the wiper arm does not match the opening in the wiper itself (about one inch too short to fit).

Obviously, I'd have to step foot inside the dealer, but I'd like to know wehre else I have to go.

Currently, the blade seems to lift from the 10AM to the 2PM position when wiping, so the logical first step is to replace the blade before I start looking at the wiper arm.

Reply to
byrocat

Try mail order from IPD. URL is

shouldn't cost much postage as they are in Portland, Oregon.All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Where in the _where_???

cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry

GTA = Greater Toronto Area

Reply to
zencraps

Oh, right. And everybody in the world should know that...why? :-)

cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry

Henry, I did the work for you.

I had no clue what "GTA" meant, so I googled it.

Coupled to the reference in the original post to "Canadian Tire," the answer was evident.

Reply to
zencraps

Thanks, but I didn't even need to google. Seeing the reference to Canadian Tire, noting that the OP's ISP is sympatico.ca and having myself been to TO a good many times I was able to suss it out directly.

My comment pertained more to the way of thinking -- or lack of thinking, actually -- that results in someone assuming that, of course, everyone in the wide world of usenet who reads this message (where the OP is asking for _help_, after all!) is just automatically going to know what he means. By using his jargon, he saved all of four keystrokes compared to spelling it out.

rant on:

I'm not sure who is more irksome -- the person who doesn't give you enough information or the person who gives too much. A favourite peeve of mine is the chap who says 'we're going to Shanghai, China'. Erm, yes...the Shanghai that everyone knows is in China. If you mean Shanghai, Indiana, _then_ you can specify. London, England and Paris, France seem to be frequent examples of this type.

You also have the one who says 'Hi! We're going to Shanghai, China and does anyone know of a cheap ticket? Thanks!' Hel-lo! Where _are_ you? What is the starting point of this great adventure you have planned? Care to tell us? 'Oh...guess I forgot about that'.

/rant off

cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry

If you don't know what/where GTA is, then you're not going to be able to help finding a wiper blade locally, so you just go onto the next post.

Greetings from the GTA!

Reply to
Mike F

You've got a point there.

cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry

I figured that if you didn't know what GTA stood for (now what used to be called South-Central Ontario -- Oshawa to Hamilton along the 401/QEW highways and up to Barrie on the 400), then you'd flip to the next message.

Mea Culpa. I should have been clearer but figured that the people who would know (like Mike F) would twitch on it.

However the IPDUSA reference may turn out to be useful.

BTW, MIKE F: do you know where I should go to pick up blades or is a stop by Suter's Garage in order?

Reply to
byrocat

I've had no trouble finding a rear wiper for my '98, it seems pretty standard. I haven't changed it in quite a while, I don't remember where I got it from, but I don't remember having any trouble.

Reply to
Mike F