Ford Galaxy - Mass Air Flow Sensor

My R reg Galaxy has started losing power again - especially noticeable when going up hills at speed (or trying to!) - which makes me think the MAF sensor needs replacing again. It was last replaced just over 18 months ago.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to replace the sensor (or how long it takes)? Is it a job that only main dealers can do?

Also, what causes the sensor to deteriorate so quickly?

Thanks.

PS Anyone know if new Galaxies suffer from the same (design) problem? It seems a real weakness.

Reply to
Vivian Dunn

If its a 2litre or 2.3, then this is very common - the positioning of the MAF is the fault- they get hot from sitting ontop of the engine and this is wot kills them

Due to restricted access- it takes around 30mins to swap the MAF.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.