Fiat Marea Weekend Estate [1.8 petrol] Fuel injector light intermittent

Not sure if the two faults are related but for a while the injector? warning light has been coming on. It often goes out after ten minutes or so but seems to come back on with increasing frequency.

Today the engine stopped. I was at the side of the road on tickover when the engine cut out.

Initially there was no attempt to fire, but on trying it a short while later the engine chugged lethargically for a few seconds before stopping.

I tried it a few times while waiting for the RAC, a few attempts were made to fire but then nothing.

When the RAC chap came the car worked!!

I had completed 120 miles when the engine cut and after it restarted I travelled another 80 miles home.

Has anyone any ideas? is the injector warning light problem likely to be related [At the last service I was told that it was most likely a "sensor" so I shouldn't worry about it.

Any input would be appreciated

hn

Reply to
H. Neary