Punto Reverse Gear Problem - Sorted

Hi, I'm new to the group, I'm here to learn and help if poss. I bought my first Fiat Punto (not new ) a few weeks ago. I started to have problems last week, trying to get reverse gear. Sometimes the gear would go in ,but it meant being forcefull with the gear stick. Eventually I couldn't get reverse at all. It was time to get my hands mucky !! I removed the gear stick knob, and found the plastic splines inside had broken, small pieces of plastic had dropped between the knob and the liftable collar that is used to enable reverse gear. The bits of plastic was enough to stop the collar travelling high enough to engage reverse gear. After I had removed the plastic bits, I fixed the gear knob back on with some araldite, and it's not been a problem since. Hope this may help someone who is experiencing a simular problem.

Cheers Little-Mick

Reply to
Little Mick