punto speedo problem

I have a p-reg punto 55, and recently the speedo stopped working. I took it to my local garage where they fitted a new sensor. Since then the speedo reading has been wrong, giving a reading of

40mph when I'm doing more like 50. It's as if it's calibrated wrongly. The garage told me there is only one type of sensor for a punto and there must be a problem with the speedo head. So they fitted a new speedo head but this has made no difference. They are now muttering something about the gears but I'm not convinced they know what they're talking about. Any suggestions? Susan
Reply to
chaddy