Stilo Stutter

Hello Readers - can anyone help diagnose this fault:?

I have a 1600 cc petrol Dynamic, which has the Engine Fault light and is either misfiring or running rich - the engine is not running evenly; it's best described a 'thumping' and no 'pull' on putting my foot on the gas pedal. Also, I can hear the sparks being 'lost' as interference on the radio. I've taken off the attractive cover for the engine to look for the plugs and all I can find are the HUGE condensers that feed the plugs - no traditional HT leads of the kind I'm used to.

Have any other readers suffered this problem and what was the cure please?

38000 miles, petrol OK - not contaminated fuel.

TIA

Reply to
TC

I had a similar problem. In my case it was a dead ignition coil. There is one coil per cylinder and 2 have died on me now but it is a swift (and fairly cheap) job by Fiat to replace

Good luck!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everest