HELP!!! Indicators dont work, fuel gauge isnt working

Hi all

Ive got a Fiat Uno 45 Fire, My indicators dont work and the fuel fuel gauge dont work but the Hazards work so its not bulbs.

I think it may be a fuse but am having problems finding the fuse for those things

Any Ideas

I havent got the orinal manual that goes with the car so does anyone know where I can get a picture of the fuse box etc.

Thanks

SilkyAlien

Reply to
Anna Bartlett

Wiring diagram is in Haynes manual (many public libraries have or can get copies). AFAIR having owned Mk1 and II Uno's the indicators are fed from the switched (ignition on) feed, so you don't leave the car with them flashing away for hours on end. The hazard lights are on the unswitched 12V supply, so if you break down (in the fast lane) you can leave them on and run for it. Looking in the Mk1 manual Fuse 1 is Stop lamps, direction indicators, instrument panel warning lights, tachometer economy gauge, check control system. Rating 10A (some models don't have all of these items). Fuse 13 is Hazard Warning lamps Rating 10A. Working behind the fuse panel is a pain in the arse, best is to take the passenger seat out, then you can lie down on the job. Get the ball and chain to clean or wash the seat covers while the seat is out. Other sources of the manual are charity shops, SH bookshops, eBay. Once the car is a few years out of production charity shops get the manuals, and the just gather dust. Reading Fiat wiring diagrams is an aquired art with a steep learning curve.

Reply to
ato_zee