78 Firebird lower shock mounting

I have a 78 Firebird, and recently found that the lower shock mounting has somehow become disconnected. The shock absorber is hanging free in the air from the bolt at the top of the shock!

I looked at the lower control arm, and I see nothing there that would bolt the shock absorber to the lower control arm.

I looked in the service manual, and there are supposed to be these "J nuts" that you are supposed to put a bolt through to somehow connect the shock absorber to the lower control arm. Only on my car, these are gone somehow!

My question is- how do I get new "J nuts"?

Surely someone out there has had this problem before. Thanks.

Reply to
njot

You can go to your local GM dealer, I've found them at automotive paint supply houses, or go to one of the large restoration houses such as YearOne, Classic Industries, The Paddock, etc...

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

A Hardware store has J - Nuts

Harryface

05 Park Avenue 36,232 91 Bonneville LE 306,191
Reply to
Harry Face

Well, the dealer cannot get them- but I will check some of the other places that have been suggested. Thanks.

Reply to
njot