94 Z28 F1

I'm going to look at a 1994 Z28 convertible that has F1 badges on it. I've never known about the F1 camaro until now and am wondering how can I tell whether or not it is a genuine F1? Did they make convertible F1s?

FWIW, the vehicle also has ground effects that appear consistent with an F1. It has cloth interior. What kind of value in $$ would an F1 have compared to a similar Z28 of the same year?

Reply to
Linus

To my knowledge, the F1 option was one that you could order the dealer to install or you could buy the kit yourself and install it after the fact. The GM performance parts catalog had the kit listed completely, or the individual components seperately if you wanted. They included an cold-air intake, badges, stripes, rims/tires, mats and the ground effects. As far as I know there is no "official" F1 similar to the likes of the SS, just what you made of it and it didn't matter if it was a Z28 or a base camaro (with the exception of the intake, which probably wouldn't fit a base camaro). I don't know if the GM performance parts catalog still lists it, but as of a couple of years ago it was still there. Take that knowledge for what it's worth and see if you think the car you're looking at is worth it.

Good luck,

-Rob

Reply to
Bones