Cam/Valve Spring question

I'm about to start putting the Olds 350R back together in my daughter's

77 Firebird. I've got an aftermarket hydraulic cam, .422.444 lift (int/exh) and .050 duration of 204/214. Will stock valve springs work on this cam, or will they bind? Do I need aftermarket springs?

Also, what do you guys use for assembly lube when you build an engine? I used to use Lubriplate, but a friend swears by 50/50 STP and motor oil, what do you guys use?

Tnx, Kerry

Reply to
Kerry

your cam will work fine with your stock valve train. as far as assembly lube it is a personal preferance thing, i use regular assembly lube the important thing is that is coated really good. also prime the filter (fill it with oil) so that you have oil right away and let it run for

30 mins or so the first time you start it and the shut it off and change the oil and filter. this will keep the lbe from clugging the filter. i also like to change it again after a few miles are put on the car.

RICH horsepower is cheaper then therapy!

Reply to
Rich None