Home Convertible Install: Required Tools + Time?

Hey all,

I'm doing research on replacing a convertible top on my 2002 4thGen Firebird. I had someone install an unwanted sunroof in my car to subject my poor car to theft.

The short:

1) What specific Tools/equipment will I need/recomended to do the install? 2) What kind of timeframe should I set aside to do the entire project PROPERLY, and can it be done in one sitting? 3) What manuals/instructions would you reccomend to assist in the project?

The Long: Anyways, I've read a few OLD articles on top installation, and I'm looking for anyone that has done this in the past, that can give me a time estimate on Doing this, or have any webpages with better pictures depicting the installation.

I know it requires Staples, but any particular kind? size? width? Hand Staple Gun, or use an air staple gun? Read about glue as well. Any particular kind? Obivously theres some bolts and whatnot to have to undo. Those are the easy parts :P The Original top was in very good shape, even the Insurance estimator said so, and I'll be keeping the curtain window.

I've found these two sets of instructions thus far on the net:

Just looking for any pointers and past experince from anyone who has done this in the past, as well as any resources to provide as much information as possible.

PS... Any reccomendations on best way to keep water out in the mean time? Ductape isn't working out as well as I had hoped. :P

Reply to
Jynxter