96 Explorer Center Console Cover Replacement

Where can I get a new tan colored center console cover?

Reply to
zerxes

zoti

I bought the console repair kit at

and have been very pleased with the results.

Reply to
Mike B

I bought the kit from "fixyourford" but was a bit disappointed in it.

The vinyl itself was fine, but the installation method was a bit suspect (using packing tape instead of staples)

I would suggest just taking it to any upholstry shop, and having it recovered. A good shop will be able to dupe the color of the vinyl, and should charge around $40.00 - $50.00 for the whole job.

Then there's always ebay....

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

My instructions from

included the option to use staples and a staple gun. These instructions may have been newly added as there is a note about request for using a staple gun.

The vinyl itself was fine, but the installation method was a bit suspect (using packing tape instead of staples)

I would suggest just taking it to any upholstry shop, and having it recovered. A good shop will be able to dupe the color of the vinyl, and should charge around $40.00 - $50.00 for the whole job.

Then there's always ebay....

Reply to
Mike B

I bought the kit from

and had a perfect match in the color (the web site shows you how to order the correct color based on a sticker inside your door jamb). Received the kit in two days from ordering it. I used the tape method (since I don't have a staple gun) and it's been great! It took less than an hour to complete. I can't believe that I waited so long to fix it (actually, my wife couldn't believe I listened to her so long before replacing it!).

Reply to
BillyforExplorers