I need someone's help!!!!

I've got a slight problem, I am currently building a '68 pontiac 400, but have already purchaced a '79 trans am. The problem is, I don't know if I will have to alter the position of the motor mounts in order to use a shaker hood scoop. And if so, that would mean I would have to move my whole drive train forward. If anyone has/had this problem please help me out here thanks

Reply to
Kipp

Motor mounts for a 79' with a 400ci should do you just fine. I think if you have any problem it will be with an aftermarket or incorrect intake manifold.

...Ron

--

68' Camaro RS 88' Firebird Formula 00' Mustang GT Vert
Reply to

A '68 400 engine won't have the 70-up motor mount bolt holes. He will need to buy one of those conversion kits for installing a 69-older block into a 70-up Firebird.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

My brother has to use adapters and IIRC, they raise the 400 in his GTO about a half an inch. In addition to the pre 69 blocks, you need to be careful when looking at 77 and up 400 blocks because some of the production run didn't have the normal 5 bolt hole motor mount arrangement.

Dave

Reply to
poncho462